[TOS] Notes: learning about technology transfer and open source

Ross Gardler ross.gardler at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Apr 6 20:45:01 UTC 2009

2009/4/5 Greg Dekoenigsberg <gdk at redhat.com>:

> Hi folks.  For those interested, I've transcribed the notes of the recent
> meeting that Chris Tyler and I had with a bunch of Canadian tech transfer
> professionals on my blog:
>
> http://gregdek.livejournal.com/49447.html

I don't have the cycles right now and our team member who focusses on
tech transfer (Rowan Wilson) is currently on holiday.

However, this is one of the current focus areas of our work. We
recently ran an event on this topic:

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk/events/2009-01-12/programme.xml

For this event I collected a few links that I think are useful for this topic:

http://delicious.com/tag/ossw_fosssustain2009

I've cc'd Rowan on this mail, when he returns from work we'll talk
about what we can do with the TOS initiative.

Ross

> I'd love to see feedback/comments.  If you believe I've accurately
> understood the challenges around open source and TT, I'd love to hear it.
> If I've missed the boat, I'd love to hear that, too.
>
> --g
>
> --
> Got an XO that you're not using?  Loan it to a needy developer!
>   [[ http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XO_Exchange_Registry ]]

Ross Gardler

OSS Watch - supporting open source in education and research
http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk