[TOS] "Open Source at $schoolname" hosting

Matthew Jadud mjadud at allegheny.edu
Tue Aug 11 05:16:02 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 9:14 AM, Greg DeKoenigsberg<gdk at redhat.com> wrote:
> Maybe we should consider adding a TOS infrastucture team.  Initial goal:
> to be able to stand up and support individualized trac instances and
> cvs/git repos with a minimum of muss and fuss.

I was part of the group that rallied for/specified (but not
implemented) the Trac/SVN combo at the University of Kent.

http://projects.cs.kent.ac.uk/

I believe they have a few tools that make it easy to set up new
projects, which include a Subversion and Trac instance. Configuration
(access) is handled by the project owner through some configuration
files in the project repository itself. I can enquire about getting
the project itself opened up... that shouldn't be an issue, I wouldn't
expect.

Another option/model, basically.

Cheers,
Matt