[TOS] Early draft: textbook introduction

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Wed Aug 26 10:56:50 UTC 2009

Greg DeKoenigsberg <gdk at redhat.com>
> All right, time to put my money where my mouth is.
> http://en.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/PracticalOSSEngineering/Introduction

Please excuse me if I'm wandering into this late, but I didn't find
discussion of these points by looking in the list archive and wiki:-

1. please can this text book talk about FOSS rather than only
Open Source?  When I looked, some sections seemed inclusive,
while other sections and the title were Open-Source-only.  It's
important to suggest the breadth to newcomers.

2. can the book consider the design process as well as engineering
approaches?  I'm unsure where it fits best - suggestions?

3. please can we include cooperative models in the "who cares",
governance and business sections?  I can supply information or answer
questions if you wish.

Hope that helps,
--
MJ Ray (slef)  LMS developer and webmaster at     | software