[TOS] If you're thinking about a Summer 2010 POSSE...

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Mon Dec 21 04:04:53 UTC 2009

On Fri, 18 Dec 2009, Mel Chua wrote:

> I'm thinking about Feb 15 as the "yes, we will commit to doing this"
> cutoff for Summer 2010 POSSEs, which I'm tentatively defining as
> POSSEs that run between May 15 and September 30 of 2010. If folks want
> to run one after that date, we'll worry about that later; if folks
> want to run one before that date, we need to know RIGHT NOW.

I like having about 3 months of lead time -- doesn't mean every single
detail has to be sorted out 3 months early -- but a general commitment
and the ability for folks to know that it is green-lit and has momentum.

Especially from a funding perspective, it allows us to spread the costs
of POSSEs around.  Red Hat divides its quarters from March - May, June -
August, September - November, and December - February.

Most POSSEs will probably be in the June - August timeframe, but from
the Red Hat perspective as an organization that sponsors POSSEs, we'd
like to be able to spread costs all the way from April - October.

Having 3 months of lead time allows us to do that.

--Max