[TOS] Textbook: next steps

Ross Gardler ross.gardler at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jul 2 21:57:43 UTC 2009

2009/7/2 Greg DeKoenigsberg <gdk at redhat.com>:

> Ross Gardler <ross.gardler at oucs.ox.ac.uk>
>   Content provider.  All materials at OSS Watch
> (http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk/resources/fulllist.xml) are available,
> presuming copyright attribution is worked out.

So there are two issues here:

a) do chapter authors think it would be helpful to have this content
as a starting point?

b) can we sort out that copyright issue. I've got a staff member ready
and willing to start pasting our content into the chapters for authors
to manage and manipulate as they so desire (including taking it out
completely ;-)

With respect to b)

(c) would need to remain with University of Oxford but it would be
licensed under a CC-BY-SA

I very much doubt that we would object to you adding an NC clause
although I'll have to get our lawyers to sign off on that (I really
can't see a problem since we'd be retaining copyright in our own
materials).

In terms of attribution we don't need much, anything from a mention on
the acknowledgment page to a footnote on the authors page. Whatever
the authors feel is applicable.

Ross