[TOS] Textbook Outline: moving forward

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Thu Jun 25 03:51:41 UTC 2009

Hi Greg,

Sorry I've been silent for a while. Some urgent stuff came up that has
grabbed all my attention.

 > Assumption #1: This will be, in its entirety, a CC-licensed book.

yep, I strongly agree.

 > Assumption #2: Release Early, Release Often.

yes, I agree with that too.

 > Assumption #3: Remixable.  This will not be a static text.

sounds good. I would definately imagine potential lecturers grabbing
chapters from this book and making their own course specific book. We
should encourage this.

 > Question #1: Are you, dear readers, interested in taking up the pen?  Any
 > of you?  Do you think we've got some places to start, and are their pieces
 > you feel like you could take, basically, now?

I'd be happy to commit to 2 chapters at this point. I could do any of
the chapters that are based on the ANU course, although the last
chapter "Release Early, Release Often" is a summary chapter, so it
needs to be done at the end, and thus is not a good candidate to do
now.

I'm happy for you to choose which two chapters I do.

I may be able to commit to more chapters later, but for now I think
I'll just put my name down for 2.

Cheers, Tridge