[TOS] Peer-Reviewed Open Source Journal

Chris Tyler chris at tylers.info
Wed Mar 11 03:18:24 UTC 2009

I've found Greg's suggestion of a peer-reviewed journal (and/or
conference event) intriguing
(http://gregdek.livejournal.com/47357.html).

If such a journal was established, I strongly feel that part of the
review process should be an evaluation of the researcher's participation
in and contribution back to the community. I've heard some devs say that
they're going to scream and/or throw heavy virtual objects at the next
academic that pops onto their project's list with yet another research
survey; I think we need work hard to foster a culture of participation
and collaboration between researchers and open source communities,
because each can benefit from the other.

Is the establishment of a journal worthwhile? Any takers?

-Chris