[TOS] Greetings, and a modest proposal.

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 19:48:29 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 12:57 PM, Greg Dekoenigsberg <gdk at redhat.com> wrote:

> Therefore, let me propose a couple of ridiculously audacious goals and see
> if anyone bites.  :)

What kind of community would this be without ridiculously audacious goals? :)

> * * *
>
> GOAL #1: "Build a complete, modular, cross-disciplinary, widely endorsed,
> freely redistributable curriculum, suitable for direct adoption or
> customization by universities worldwide, within two years."

Coming from the FOSS maintainer side of the table, I would like to add
something.

I would like guidelines, template, etc for a FOSS project to present itself to
the academic community for use in curriculum.

I have put it on my todo list to go over the ACM and ABET guidelines and
try to see where my project could offer value.  I don't know if this is of
use or not.

I want instructors to know they can approach our project and ask for
help in identifying class exercises and student projects. You can talk
to us. :)

I see this as a two way street.  I want to know what FOSS projects
can do to start walking toward you folks.

--joel sherrill
RTEMS