[TOS] TOS for universities or general use?

Charles M chaslinux at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 04:21:22 UTC 2009

> Because I see TOS
> as not just a website, but a group of people looking to get stuff done.

Is this project mainly to develop university curriculum? It seems
university-focused at this point. I was hoping (a selfish hope) to use TOS
as a resource to for volunteers (I run a computer refurbishing project for a
not-for-profit) to learn Linux. My goal is to get volunteers focusing on
certain practical skills first then delving into background and philosophy.

Someone else on the list mentioned building machines and since we do it
every day I'll mention that one of the tools we use are checklists.
Checklists are great when people have a bit of experience, but not so
helpful if people don't even know what a distribution is.

Will TOS start at 0 or assume prior knowledge of Linux? If it's university
curriculum you could almost assume some experience with Linux? (OT: I was
horrified the other day at a local coffee shop when I overheard one guy
rattling on about how Linux was amazing and that Microsoft owned Linux)...

Cheers!

Charles