[TOS] Peer-Reviewed Open Source Journal

Ross Gardler ross.gardler at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Mar 12 13:28:52 UTC 2009

2009/3/11 Leslie Hawthorn <mebelh at gmail.com>:

> Since our goal is to create a bridge between FOSS and academia, it makes
> better sense to me to have an editorial board composed of folks who have
> already bridged it professionally.

+1

This is very important, there are very few people who have the respect
of both sectors. For any kind of peer reviewed journal to become
important it must be accepted by both sectors. This means we need to
use those who are already in that space and are not risking anything
in their career by spending time on such work.

There are not too many of these folk about, but there are enough.

Ross Gardler

OSS Watch - awareness and understanding of open source software
development and use in education
http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk