[TOS] Need volunteers to help organize TOS Summit

Chris Tyler chris at tylers.info
Mon Mar 16 18:18:02 UTC 2009

Ok, so far I see seven people interested in organizing the Summit:

* Jack Aboutboul <jaa at redhat.com>
* Tathagata Dasgupta <tathagatadg at gmail.com>
* Ellis, Heidi J. C. <Heidi.Ellis at trincoll.edu>
* Eric Bachard <eric.bachard at free.fr>
* Gregory M Kesden <gkesden at cs.cmu.edu>
* Greg Hislop <hislopg at drexel.edu>
* Chris Tyler <chris at tylers.info>

Next steps:

- Need two people to take leadership and run with this. I'll liaise
between this group and the FSOSS organizers, who will handle the event
logistics.

- Identify the main topics of interest (I suspect that this will line up
with the subgroups/projects that form within TOS, e.g., sharing learning
materials, creating a peer-reviewed journal, etc).
- Decide on a session format or multiple formats (perhaps morning with
one format/afternoon with another, or two in parallel).
- Work on getting the word out about this event, and getting everyone
who is involved in teaching open source there. (There may be travel
funding available, we may need to have an application/shortlisting
process for that, with the funding organizations selecting from the
shortlist).

Who's up to lead this?

-Chris