[TOS] Historical approach to open-source participatory development

Armen Zambrano Gasparnian armenzg at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 19:38:39 UTC 2009

Andrew nice to see you in this mailing list.

> Armen,
>

> I think it's safe to say the Linux club at Seneca and anything like it at
> Seneca or other schools didn't work nearly as well as was hoped when the
> clubs were set up.
>

> It takes a lot of motivation to do good work for free, and I guess when
> there's only a handful of people to talk to who may or may not be
> like-minded, it's not a likely success.

Andrew

I had completely forgotten about this!
You are right, student driven efforts to help others get involved is really
time consuming specially in the case of our college which is a  *commutter*
college. Generally, not too many students were really willing to stay after
school (including myself as the vice president :S) to get some type of
introduction or labs to help them get involved.

The only good fruits from that was James Boston who we helped out getting
involved but after knowing him he would have been able to do the *online
jump* to find out who was on IRC and what all was about.

Armen

--
// Armen Zambrano Gasparnian
// Mozilla -- 2008 Release Engineering Consultant