[TOS] Call for Interest: WCCCE - May 1-2 Vancouver

Rob Cameron cameron at cs.sfu.ca
Wed Mar 25 13:52:00 UTC 2009

The Western Canadian Conference on Computing Education
is a regional conference held annually in early May.  This year
it is hosted at SFU.

Bjarne Stroustrop is scheduled as a keynote speaker at the
conference and will also give a presentation for the general
CS @ SFU audience on April 30.

A few weeks ago, I suggested that the committee add a
panel session on "teaching open source" and now the
conference chair has asked me what that would look like.

Well, time is short, so it depends entirely on whether this
particular email is effective in drumming up interest by
members of this list!   So, if you are interested in helping
to evangelize TOS here on the wet coast, please drop
me a line and also cc the conference chair:
Diana Cukierman <diana at cs.sfu.ca>
Apparently, the program committee wants to make
a decision by Thursday.

--
Robert D. Cameron, Ph.D.
Professor of Computing Science