[TOS] TOS Summit - Session schedule and format

Greg Hislop hislopg at drexel.edu
Tue Mar 31 11:14:13 UTC 2009

I like the overall structure, but in taking a second look at the timing, I
have the following thoughts:

a) 45 minutes is pretty short for a panel.  I would expect there would be
very little time for questions and discussion.  I'd suggest lengthening
these sessions to an hour or even 1:15.  We could do that by extending the
day and / or stealing 30 minutes from the unconference.

b) I've never tried an unconference session, so I'm less comfortable
there.  Would we do anything to structure that time or to promote mingling
among participants.  Two hours seems like a long time for a completely
unstructured block.

c) What would we actually do with the wrap up session?

Greg Hislop