[TOS] Textbook outline

Greg Dekoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Tue May 12 18:18:15 UTC 2009

So first, everyone agrees on a structure.

As I said before, I like the structure of Tridge's course, and I think
that it would translate quite nicely to a textbook structure.  So I stole
it.  I also stole some of the work that Chris Tyler and Dave Humphrey have
been preparing for POSSE.

Here's the first cut of the first version of an outline of
an outline of a textbook:

http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/User:Gregdek/Textbook

Let's hear it, profs.  Right idea?  Wrong idea?

Please advice, because at some point, I'm just gonna start writing and
soliciting writers, and if we're wasting our time, that would be great to
know up front.  :)

--g

--
Computer Science professors should be teaching open source.
Help make it happen.   Visit http://teachingopensource.org.