[TOS] Textbook outline

Chris Tyler chris at tylers.info
Wed May 13 04:47:23 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-05-12 at 14:18 -0400, Greg Dekoenigsberg wrote:
> So first, everyone agrees on a structure.
>
> As I said before, I like the structure of Tridge's course, and I think
> that it would translate quite nicely to a textbook structure.  So I stole
> it.  I also stole some of the work that Chris Tyler and Dave Humphrey have
> been preparing for POSSE.

Here's another outline  -- Dave and I started work on it about a year
ago when we were considering writing a book -- and you're welcome to
swipe any bits that look useful:

http://opensourcebook.pbwiki.com

> Here's the first cut of the first version of an outline of
> an outline of a textbook:
>
> http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/User:Gregdek/Textbook

Looks like a good start, though you almost need the second or third
level of outline to really get a sense of the shape and scope of the
book.

-Chris