[TOS] TeachingOpenSource.org - Reminders - [[Roll Call]] page and Monthly Conference Calls

Chris Tyler chris at tylers.info
Tue May 19 11:46:32 UTC 2009

Greetings!

I'd like to mention a few housekeeping things related to
TeachingOpenSource.org...

(1) We have a Roll Call page, and everyone who's involved with TOS is
welcome (and encouraged) to write a brief introduction on that page. If
you haven't created an entry for yourself there, please feel free to do
so (I see there's about 70 of us on the list without a Roll Call entry);
and if you know you have an entry there but can't remember what it says,
please go an take a peek to ensure it's up-to-date. The URL is
http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/Roll_Call

(2) The monthly conference calls exist in part to communicate the status
of the various projects taking place under the TeachingOpenSource.org
umbrella (http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/TOS_Conference_Call).

During the last call, we came up with a general policy:

* Each project lead should attend the conference calls or appoint
someone to represent the project on the call. (Current projects are
listed at http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/Category:Projects ;
the next call is on June 1 at 15:00 UTC).

* If we don't hear from a project for 2-3 consecutive calls, we'll
assume the project is dead, and may remove it from the web site.

Thanks--

-Chris