[TOS] choosing projects for students to contribute to

William Cohen wcohen at redhat.com
Tue May 26 14:01:37 UTC 2009

tridge at samba.org wrote:
> Hi Will,
>
>  > In the NCSU open source course (CSC591W) had a similar list in the "Evaluating
>  > Open Source Software" lecture. Materials for the course are available at
>  > http://people.redhat.com/wcohen/ncsu_opensource_course.tar.gz.
>
> Thanks very much for posting that! Can you tell me what the license on
> that material is? There is a lot of good stuff there that I might want
> to incorporate into the ANU course in future years if the license is
> CC compatible.

Hi Tridge,

I had some time this long weekend to attach the license information to the
files. For the materials I generated for the class I have made them available
with a creative commons license. The guest lecture materials still need to get
the appropriate licenses before posting those ("Introduction, What is OSS?",
"Licensing",  "Introduction to RPM", and  "Introduction to Koji Build System").
 The materials files are posted as open office .odp files, so others can make
adapt the content. The materials are at:

http://people.redhat.com/wcohen/ncsu_opensource_course/

-Will