[TOS] [Fwd: encouraging software profs to assign open government projects]

Frank Hecker hecker at mozillafoundation.org
Thu Sep 3 14:19:58 UTC 2009

On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 2:07 PM, David
Humphrey<David.Humphrey at senecac.on.ca> wrote:
> I'm responding to this with a CC to the Teaching Open Source mailing
> list (see teachingopensource.org), which includes professors and open
> source people from across Canada and around the world that are
> interested and involved in the teaching of open source.  Some of them
> are keenly interested in open source as humanitarian or social tool, and
> might have good ideas, or want to hear more about your work.  I'd
> encourage you to share some more of your thinking with this list.

Jennifer, note that there's also a group of colleges in the US that
have been working with free software and open source projects
specifically designed for humanitarian purposes:

  http://hfoss.org/

I think several of the people involved in the HFOSS work (e.g., Ralph
Morelli, Heidi Ellis) are on the TOS list, and can tell you more about
the project.

Frank

--
Frank Hecker