[TOS] [Fwd: encouraging software profs to assign open government projects]

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Thu Sep 3 14:42:44 UTC 2009

On Thu, 3 Sep 2009, David Humphrey wrote:

> Hi Jennifer,
>
> I'm responding to this with a CC to the Teaching Open Source mailing
> list (see teachingopensource.org), which includes professors and open
> source people from across Canada and around the world that are
> interested and involved in the teaching of open source.  Some of them
> are keenly interested in open source as humanitarian or social tool, and
> might have good ideas, or want to hear more about your work.  I'd
> encourage you to share some more of your thinking with this list.
>
> I know for me personally, I'd be interested in understanding more about
> what an "open government" project looks like.

It seems like you might want to talk to the folks at the Sunlight
Foundation, who are trying to do precisely this work in the US.  I've got
contacts with that org, if you'd be interested in chatting with them.

--g

--
Computer Science professors should be teaching open source.
Help make it happen.   Visit http://teachingopensource.org.