[TOS] First draft of textbook: introductory chapter (foreword?)

Frank Hecker hecker at mozillafoundation.org
Fri Sep 4 14:58:06 UTC 2009

2009/9/4 Greg DeKoenigsberg <gdk at redhat.com>:
> Enclosed is a first draft of the first chapter -- which is perhaps more
> foreword than introduction.  Will be working on the real First Chapter later
> today, with hopes of having a draft done within a few days.  At which point
> I'll move on to another chapter.
>
> Comments imperiously demanded.  :)

Actually, I think this is pretty good, and don't really have any major
changes to suggest. I think it accomplishes what IMO a foreword is
supposed to accomplished, which is to explain why the book was written
and why you should read it. My only small comment is to have the
academics among us make sure that any academic jargon is used
correctly, and that the tone is appropriate for something that
academics will be evaluating as a formal textbook.

Frank

--
Frank Hecker