[TOS] First draft of textbook: introductory chapter (foreword?)

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Sep 4 19:41:58 UTC 2009

On Fri, Sep 04, 2009 at 02:16:05PM -0400, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:

> For now, there's not a ton of traffic on this list, and I'm happy to
> create list traffic with the end of accomplishing the goals of TOS.  I
> like making this a place where we collaborate to Get Things Done.  I also
> believe that this goal is sufficiently relevant to warrant the attention
> of everyone on the list.
>
> If we hear a bunch of people disagreeing, then perhaps we can reconsider.

+1

Folks, for now, I think we all learn from working on this content on
the list.  Great thread so far, for example.  As we start, we need a
wider audience paying closer attention and being engaged; helping to
make sure we have the direction grounded in reality.

If it starts to get clearly annoying, time to move it elsewhere.

I applaud the idea of using the discussion pages in FLOSSManuals.net,
from the documentors view point -- each section is an information node
and the conversations around the information need to be in that node.
However, book writing is different than e.g. Wikipedia article
writing.  We need extensive back/forth discussion with a meta-node
viewpoint.  We could, perhaps, post some links to threads in the
discussion pages, so they are there for reference?

http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41