[TOS] RIT - Intro to Git

Wesley Dillingham wwdillingham at sugarlabs.org
Mon Sep 14 21:51:10 UTC 2009

Hello TOS

This is Wesley Dillingham, I am a teaching assistant with the
Development for the olpc class at the Rochester Institute of
Technology. One of our main goals besides encouraging development for
the platform itself is to introduce the students to all of the tools
used in the open source world. Upcoming this week is a demo for git I
have written on TOS. This is designed to show users the basic
functions of git so by the end of it they can create a local and
remote repository and have them sync. Additionally, the ability to
join an existing project and join in on the development.

The tutorial can be found at:
http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/RIT/Git_introduction

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions on how one can improve upon
this succinct intro to git please help!
I am also looking to work on a follow piece with some more git
commands and am looking for ideas on this as well.

Thank you

- Wes Dillingham