[TOS] Textbook authors: Copyright Assignment, please respond

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Tue Sep 22 13:20:58 UTC 2009

Ross Gardler <ross.gardler at oucs.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> I still think that, on balance, Mozilla is a better place - mostly
> because it means each contributor can repackage the book as having the
> academic QA of their own organisation without the Oxford brand
> interfering with the academic objectives. I just thought I'd raise
> this in case people have strong feelings one way or the other.

Well, much as I hate to point it out, neither brand is liked
universally: Mozilla and the Firefox logo enclosure, University of
Oxford and perceptions of elitism.  But what does the "Oxford brand
interfering with the academic objectives" mean?  How does that happen?

Not understanding that, I think both brands have enough benefits to
overcome the drawbacks and be worth using.  I feel the Oxford brand
seems more relevant for a textbook.

Hope that helps,
--
MJ Ray (slef)  LMS developer and webmaster at     | software