[TOS] Introducing Myself (= Shlomi Fish) and My Intentions

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Fri Apr 2 18:01:40 UTC 2010

Hi all!

My name is Shlomi Fish and I'm a user, developer (well-versed in programming)
and advocate of open source software, and a writer of code, essays, articles,
presentations, and fiction. You can learn more about me and read the stuff I
prepared on my home site:

http://www.shlomifish.org/

Today in a spark of inspiration I decided to work on an effort to help
beginners to the FOSS world in general, as I already had a site like that
specifically for Perl 5 - http://perl-begin.org/ . I set up
http://foss-begin.wikia.com/wiki/The_FOSS_Beginners_Wiki , but then after
searching for "open source mentors" on Google ended up on your wiki and
realised we share the same goals. So I decided to join you instead of creating
my own effort.

I had been kicked out from my share of mailing lists for saying the wrong
things, so I'd rather not say too much of my personal thoughts of how to
introduce newcomers to Linux at that point (philosophy is dangerous - Socrates
got killed for saying the wrong things, that people did not like hearing).
Regardless, I'd like to say that whatever I say or whatever you think I may
imply, my intentions are good and honest. I'm a good guy - just one who
happens to suffer from some bad personality traits (which I'm trying to work
on, but still has not got rid of completely).

I'll elaborate more on my thoughts at a later stage in individual, topical
emails and try to work on some of my intentions on the wiki. Keep up the good
work, and I hope I can prove of good use to your noble effort.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish