[TOS] Searching for students for GSoC

Matthew Jadud mjadud at allegheny.edu
Sat Apr 3 21:52:33 UTC 2010

On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 17:16, Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez at kitware.com> wrote:
> Would it be appropriate to post their announcement in this
> list ? (with the requests that the faculty in the list forward it
> to their local students ?).

Hi Luis,

I assume they have a blog for their project. Why not post their
project's homepage and blog, and we can subscribe then to whatever
mailing lists, blog feeds, etc. that we want? And, it will give us the
ability to forward that information on to students (as well as blog it
on, etc.).

If that's what you mean, then I think it sounds great. If you mean
"would you mind if I forwarded lots of announcements about their
project here?," then I (personally) would think that would get noisy.
I'd love to subscribe, and also point other students at the project,
however.

Cheers,
Matt