[TOS] Searching for students for GSoC

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sat Apr 3 22:08:41 UTC 2010

On Sat, Apr 03, 2010 at 05:16:52PM -0400, Luis Ibanez wrote:

> In the great scheme of things, this actually touches on one
> of the topics that we discussed at TOS 2009, the need for
> a public forum that will match willing students with  FOSS
> projects.

This is quite a common need, a lack of which has been problematic for
Fedora's GSoC participation for years.  This year, the Fedora Summer
Coding program[1] is looking at OpenHatch.org, discussed here a few
times.  The vision and current status of the site seem to line up with
what I see as the needs from a project side, and seem to line up with
what I understand students need.

http://OpenHatch.org

So, maybe not a solution today, but I hope for more by this summer.

- Karsten

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Summer_Coding_2010