[TOS] How to add a volunteer opportunity to https://openhatch.org/search/

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Thu Apr 15 16:58:58 UTC 2010

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010, Asheesh Laroia wrote:

>> I'll bite.  How does one get a "volunteer opportunity" listed on
>> openhatch.org.
>
> Great question.
>
> We get it so often that we clearly should make a more informative
> "about" page.

In fact, I would argue that it should be the biggest thing on your home
page.  :)  Two big bright buttons:

WANT TO HELP A PROJECT?  CLICK HERE!

NEED HELP FOR YOUR PROJECT?  CLICK HERE!

> To add a volunteer opportunity to https://openhatch.org/search/ , you:
>
> 1. Go to https://openhatch.org/search/
>
> 2. Click on 'Add a bug tracker'
>
> 3. Fill out a form, and wait for us to (manually, sorry for now) write code to
>   import bugs from your bug tracker
>
> 4. Go to https://openhatch.org/search/ again and see yourself
>
> If that's too slow, you can always add something to your project's page, like
> how https://openhatch.org/+projects/Gally requests "videos of yourself signing
> individual words".
>
> -- Asheesh.
>
> --
> Q:	Why haven't you graduated yet?
> A:	Well, Dad, I could have finished years ago, but I wanted
> 	my dissertation to rhyme.

Educational materials should be high-quality, collaborative, and free.
Visit http://opensource.com/education and join the conversation.