[TOS] systems committee

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Aug 11 00:01:20 UTC 2010

We're starting up a systems committee to figure out and then hand off:

* What we have now on teachingopensource.org that we want to keep;
* What we need now for tos.org that we don't have;
* What we need in the future for tos.org;
* How to handle migration;
* How to handle ongoing maintenance (sustainable engineering);
* Who or what should take the ongoing maintenance reins.

The goal of the committee is to dissolve after we have handed off
responsibility to some kind of sustainable solution.  The committee
can choose to continue, if an ongoing oversight group is desired by
TOS at large.[1]

Nothing formal, and nothing on the side.  You can participate just by
being in discussions here, but we're likely to call together some IRC
meetings soon, so jump in to figure out a time that works for you if
you want to be there.

- Karsten

[1] Think of this as lightweight, or just-in-time, bureacracy.  Or
cardboard bureacracy -- you can put it up with duct tape, tear it
down, burn it, and start over with very little cost.