[TOS] textbook 0.8.1

Heidi Ellis heidijcellis at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 21:26:22 UTC 2010

Thanks! We'll do our best :-)
Heidi

-----Original Message-----
From: tos-bounces at teachingopensource.org
[mailto:tos-bounces at teachingopensource.org] On Behalf Of Karsten Wade
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 5:15 PM
To: tos at teachingopensource.org
Subject: Re: [TOS] textbook 0.8.1

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 12:52:29PM -0400, Heidi Ellis wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I'll be using the textbook in the fall and I'd be happy to provide
> feedback and update as I can, but I'm not likely to have much time to
> devote to actually writing.

That's a very valuable contribution, Heidi, thanks.  One of our important
goals for the fall is to have a forum where students and professors can give
feedback.  We're saying to you and especially your students,

  "We need your help.  You are the textbook experts and we need your
  help making sure our book is as good as it can be at teaching you
  how to participate in open source communities.  If you have any
  feedback, questions, flames or shout-outs, please hit us at
  forum.teachingopensource.org."

Ideally we can respond in near-enough real time, including some updates, to
improve the textbook experience as you are using it.
YMMV of course. :)

- Karsten