[TOS] FW: textbook 0.8.1

Sabin, Mihaela mihaela.sabin at unh.edu
Wed Aug 25 14:24:08 UTC 2010

Karsten,

I'll be happy to help with editing and maybe contribute some content. In two courses I'm teaching this semester I'll be taking the students the 'open source way'. This is my info:

Mihaela Sabin (University of New Hampshire)

Thank you,
Mihaela

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 09:40:22AM -0700,
tosmaillist.neophyte_rep at ordinaryamerican.net wrote:
> Now that several people have volunteered the information that they
> will be using the textbook and providing comments, should we be
> recording their generosity in
> http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/Practical_OSS_Exploration_text
> book_0.8.1_planning
> ?
>
> I also suggest they be given credit in the resulting version when it
> becomes the Stable version.

OK, we still need to work out how to handle attribution in the next release,
but we'll definitely get that credit in there.

In the meantime, I've started a new section:

http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/Practical_OSS_Exploration_textbook_0
.8.1_planning#Who_is_using_the_textbook

... with all the names I could remember; please correct me where I'm
wrong:

Fall 2010

Confirmed:

    * Heidi Ellis (Trinity College)
    * Gregory Hislop (Drexel University)
    * Karl Wurst (Worcester State University)

To ask:

    * Fardad Soleimanloo (Seneca College)

Spring 2011

    * Tim Budd (Oregon State University)