[TOS] Senior capstone/exercise in FOSS question

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Thu Dec 9 21:57:11 UTC 2010

> Next term I'll have a 2-week module in our Junior Seminar within the
> Comp Sci department, and I'd like to put forward a model for the
> students that they might use to spend a year focusing on participating
> in open source project. (My thought was to have them do an exercise
> and some writing involving research into one or more communities that
> they might contribute to. This conversation/series of exercises would
> probably consume one of the two weeks. Greg's homework assignment re:
> researching communities and openhatch.org will probably frame the
> exercise that I give them.)

I'd ping the UCOSP folks - http://ucosp.ca/contact-us/ - and see if they
could add a US-based school, which I think was under discussion the last
time I talked with Andrew (OSCON, I'm pretty sure).

Copying the program admin, Andrew Louis, on this email - Andrew, I think
you're already on the TOS list, but thought I'd make sure. :)

--Mel