[TOS] OSCON track proposal: we are done, and now we wait.

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Tue Feb 2 16:35:50 UTC 2010

Karsten pointed out the following statistics:

Going in to this last weekend, there was ...

* ... two submitted education proposals for OSCON 2010, but
* ... a framework for a full education track if people submit in time.

http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/OSCON_2010#Submissions_status

Now we have 15 proposals submitted for the education track, with
four of them coming in during the last hour.

Karsten and I just took a quick pass and cleaned up
http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/OSCON_2010 so it's all nice and
shiny and readable by OSCON folks who might wander by (and reflects the
"we have submitted this track proposal!" rather than "aah! deadlines
approaching, please submit for track proposal!").

I see on http://en.oreilly.com/oscon2010 that we should know in April or
before whether we're in ("Program announced and early registration
opens: April 2010") but haven't found any earlier dates - but in any
case, we just sit back and wait now.

This has been a total series of "TOS is awesome" moments, btw - this is
the most fun I have ever had submitting a talk proposal.

--Mel