[TOS] Summer '10 POSSEs status

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Fri Feb 26 23:06:11 UTC 2010

> Another POSSE planning question. I'm looking at the POSSE 2009 schedule
> and noticed that there's a Sunday night Welcome session. I didn't
> reserve the room for Sunday. Should I add that to my room reservation?

The Sunday night thing is an optional hang-out that /is/ optional (both
to have, and to attend), but it's a nice "get to know you" opportunity
(to put faces to names before the firehose starts Monday, etc) since
most participants will be in town then anyway.

So we have a couple options:

(1) We can reserve the room on Sunday night and bring snacks and drinks in.

(2) We can reserve a table at a local hang-out place for either dinner,
or after-dinner snacks/drinks, depending on what time we want to make this.

Either way, the Red Hat POSSE budget will cover it. ;) Personally, I'm
thinking #2 might be more fun, but Karl, it's up to you.

Thanks for working through this so quickly on-list, Karl - you're Doing
It Right. ;) This is also super-helpful in helping us figure out how to
write resources so other people can plan POSSEs - this is the first time
we're really teaching others how to put them together, so it's (as you
can see) pretty rough right now.

/me goes to edit wiki page to reflect all these recent threads.

--Mel