[TOS] How to become a POSSE instructor

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Fri Feb 26 23:08:44 UTC 2010

Our biggest limitation in running POSSEs this summer is the number of
people who can teach it a POSSE right now - one major focus of this
summer is in growing the number of people in that pool.

I made a stub at
http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/POSSE_Instructors with the
general idea of how one becomes a POSSE instructor, the current list of
POSSE instructors, and folks I know who are interested in becoming a
POSSE instructor (I'm missing people from this list, I know - feel free
to add yourself if you're interested!)

The general gist:

1) To become a POSSE instructor, you must first attend a POSSE yourself.

2) Then you co-teach a POSSE with a current instructor.

3) After that, you are an instructor yourself, and can co-teach POSSEs
with either other POSSE instructors or with instructors-in-training
(thus teaching them to be instructors as well).

--Mel