[TOS] How to become a POSSE instructor

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sat Feb 27 17:27:13 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 07:51:52PM -0800, C. Titus Brown wrote:

> I'm fine with being told that I'm wrong, of course.  Just curious to know
> if people can point to anything specific that I'd learn at a POSSE that
> I would probably not know from 20+ years of open source hacking and
> 2+ years of teaching undergrads.

Maybe we can ammend that requirement.  The issue is where people think
they know and really don't know what they need to know.

Oh, hey!  Looks like we have a handbook that covers all of that:

http://www.theopensourceway.org/wiki
http://www.theopensourceway.org/book

Maybe we can just require that if folks are sure they can cover the "I
truly grok how open source works from the inside", we ask the to read
through the handbook.

When we set those requirements, that handbook wasn't out yet.

- Karsten