[TOS] TOS textbook: Intro chapter, 1st draft

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Thu Jan 21 16:45:46 UTC 2010

On Thu, 7 Jan 2010, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:

> Comments encouraged.  Since I consider this to be an actual completed
> draft (although you may not upon reading it, heh) please put comments
> on the talk page, rather than editing the page directly:
>
> http://en.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/PracticalOSSEngineering/IntroductionToFOSSTalk

Hey Greg,

I've read over both the foreward as well as the introductory chapter
that you posted about here.

A few comments about the intro chapter are on the talk page, as you
requested.

I really like the voice/tone of the writing.  It's formal, without being
stuffy, which I think makes it easy for people to want to keep reading,
and see what comes next.

In particular, I love "contributor mountain".  You've taken an idea that
we talk about a lot in speeches, and written it down far more eloquently
than the crappy first pass at the same thing that I made, because you
gave it a metaphor and personalized it.

--Max