[TOS] Hello. I'm new to group, but not to teaching Open Source

Michael R. Wolf MichaelRWolf at att.net
Wed Jul 21 15:44:15 UTC 2010

I just learned about this group as I was scanning the OSCON boards.

I've been asked to introduce myself.

Briefly...

As to Open Source...  I first read the GNU Manifesto in 1985.  I've been hooked ever since.  Give away the language (Perl, C, English); make money teaching it, using it, and supporting users.

As to Teaching... Soon after leaving Bell Labs, I started a string of jobs where teaching technology (mainly programming languages) to mid-career professionals was an integral part of my yearly mix.

Ergo... Teaching + Open Source => Teaching Open Source

I look forward to the discussion.

--
Michael R. Wolf
    All mammals learn by playing!