[TOS] How can we mark what activities a particular group is doing within TOS?

Matthew Jadud mjadud at allegheny.edu
Mon Jul 26 21:11:12 UTC 2010

Hi Mel,

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 14:25, Mel Chua <mel at redhat.com> wrote:
> could also see this being useful for other orgs and schools - "Hosted by
> OSU" or "an Allegheny project" or "brought to you by Seneca."

I'd have to ask a bit around the school (I'm not back yet), but my gut
is that this sounds good. Having a bit of a flag serves both to anchor
students (who might more easily see the "foreign space" as part of
their own) as well as anchor readers from the institution who might
not be particularly tech-savvy ("Hey! This is related to me!").

> How would people feel about such templates? In suggesting this, I'm
> trying to be conscious of both the need for TOS as a whole to remain a
> brand-neutral space, and the need for folks to be able to point to their
> organization's work *within* that neutral space - would this compromise

I agree that "brand neutrality" within TOS is a Good Thing(tm), but I
like the idea of trying to explore this compromise. I'm +1 on
exploring this, and will be back from OSCON/wedding travel Wednesday
and be able to engage a bit more (for a few days) -- then, it is time
for a Real Vacation(tm).

Cheers,
Matt