[TOS] FW: How can we mark what activities a particular group is doing within TOS?

Heidi Ellis heidijcellis at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 01:19:57 UTC 2010

Hi Folks,

I've been mulling on this for a bit. I think that there should definitely be
a way for folks to attribute the originator, funder or supporter of work.
For instance, I'd very much like to be able to post information about what
my students have accomplished in FOSS and be able to label the work as being
completed by "Western New England College" students. However, I'd prefer not
to go so far as page branding.

My thoughts originate from the idea that TOS is a meeting place for
_people_, not organizations. My view of TOS is as a place for meeting of the
minds. A place where I go to ask questions and listen to people who are
doing interesting things in FOSS. I'm much more concerned about who the
individual is and what they're doing, than the organization that they belong
to. My concern is that if we "brand" pages, the organization rather than the
individual will gain more attention.

Just my two cents.
Heidi