[TOS] Fwd: Weigh in on K-12 Science Education Reform

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Jul 29 05:11:19 UTC 2010

You may find this interesting.

    Luis

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alan I. Leshner, CEO, AAAS <announcements at members-aaas.org>
Date: Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 2:28 PM
Subject: Weigh in on K-12 Science Education Reform
To: LUIS.IBANEZ at kitware.com

   [image: AAAS
logo]<http://www.members-aaas.org/l.jsp?d=5326.591932.654.2a6ZPFCns>

Dear Colleague,

An opportunity is at hand for AAAS members to make a significant
contribution to science education reform. As we noted in our 28 May 2010
editorial in *Science*, efforts are underway to move the nation toward a
"clear statement of learning goals for science that are the same across
states." A coherent set of learning goals is essential to the design of
curriculum and assessment materials, and the scientific community needs to
play an active role in the development process.

The Board on Science Education at the National Research Council has just
released a draft<http://www.members-aaas.org/l.jsp?d=5326.591931.654.2a6ZPFCns>of
a conceptual framework to guide the development of next generation
standards for K-12 science education and your input is needed. We hope you
will take the time to download and read the request from the
NRC<http://www.members-aaas.org/l.jsp?d=5326.591930.654.2a6ZPFCns>and
if at all possible to respond by August 2.

Sincerely,

Alan I. Leshner, Shirley Malcom, and Jo Ellen Roseman

------------------------------

This e-mail was sent to LUIS.IBANEZ at KITWARE.COM

*To get on and off our e-mail lists, please change your e-mail preferences
here<http://www.info-aaas.org/aaas_project/aaas_opt_out.jsp?e=47YNycyl_p6XJlMxZ4G3rDzMa18Mx&s=2a6ZPFCns&v=3S14JmLOJcx5M>
.
*If you need additional help, please write to memuser at aaas.org .

*AAAS / Science*
1200 New York Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20005
U.S.A.
Telephone: +1 202-326-6417
Toll Free in the U.S.: 866-434-(AAAS) 2227
E-mail:  membership at aaas.org

*Privacy Policy:*
http://www.sciencemag.org/help/readers/privacy.dtl

[ AAAS / Science does not endorse any 3rd party products or services
advertised here. ]
© 2010 American Association for the Advancement of Science. All Rights
Reserved.