[TOS] sponsoring stuff (was Re: LinuxCon Education Summit: Schedule Announced)

Jeff Osier-Mixon jefro at jefro.net
Sat Jul 31 00:57:44 UTC 2010

We have 25 confirmed (figure from Linux Foundation), which sounds to me like
there will be 30-40 attendees.

It turns out the hotel does not allow lunch to be brought in, though we
could sponsor a walking trip to a nearby restaurant.  At $20/head or so,
that could be up to $800.

T-shirts... I'd love to do some, but we don't have sizes and it would be
tough to get them at this point, as we don't have addresses or names for the
attendees, only a number indicated by a Linux Foundation poll.  On the other
hand, we could do a run of 100 or so from zazzle or similar with a standard
spread (bell curve centering on XL) and the rest could be used for future
POSSE events.  I have no idea what the turnaround would be, but could
investigate.

Sorry, it was me who dropped the ball on these - I had the idea before OSCON
but failed to mention it or do anything about it.  I would honestly rather
see that money spent on sponsorship to get a few more heads in the room, but
so far no one is knocking on our door begging for that.

(shadowman = the little redhat guy?)