[TOS] sponsoring stuff (was Re: LinuxCon Education Summit: Schedule Announced)

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Sat Jul 31 15:13:44 UTC 2010

2010/7/31 Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com>:
> On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 06:09:45PM +0200, Sebastian Dziallas wrote:
>
>> We would also like to provide the attendees of the Education
>> Summit with t-shirts / lunch. If you or your company would be
>> interested in sponsoring that, please email me as soon as possible.
>
> Note: intentionally sent to list :)
>
> Sebastian,
>
> How much time is there left to do that?  Lunch I can see as being
> doable on short notice, but t-shirts?  How many people are signed up
> to attend?
>
> Sorry that we missed that this was a need out there.  I think our team
> budget has line items for things like this, and I was pondering a
> TeachingOpenSource.org + Red Hat sponsorship.  TOS is the community of
> practice that the summit comes from (if that sounds OK with you all),
> so, yeah, it would be really cool to see some shirts with the TOS logo
> up there and a little Shadowman hanging out nearby-ish.

That totally sounds fitting to me. :)

Like Jeff said, we're currently counting on 25+. While I can see
t-shirts as being tight compared to lunch, I don't think it's undoable
and would be willing to handle that. We will, obviously, not be able
to get the shirt sizes of the entire audience. I'm confident, though,
that we could get them from the speakers. If we ordered these, as well
as additional ones for the audience (leftovers could be used for
future events), we might actually be good.

I've been working with the folks from Spreadshirt and Zazzle before
and that worked quite nicely. If we placed an order on Monday or
Tuesday, I think we'd be good. That'd mean that we'd have to go /
no-go it this weekend, though.

--Sebastian