[TOS] Scribd

Kevin Mark kevin.mark at verizon.net
Fri Jun 25 08:03:21 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 08:21:23AM +0200, adam wrote:
> ok...maybe this is the wrong thing to do but i am going to let a little
> frustration seep out..,.
>
> i am from FLOSS Manuals and we used to supply the toolset for TOS to
> create your first book. Somehow we got cut out of the equation and no
> one talked to us. Thats ok, its your content but I felt it a little
> weird. Then I saw Karsten had built some kind of repo tool for your
> content. Also frustrating since we have exactly this tool available
> (www.booki.cc) and I wrote to Karsten to say this and then no reply.
>
> Now I see there is a discussion about 'acquiring' materials for teaching
> open source participation and again no mention that we have over 49
> manuals many in multiple languages and still no mention of working with
> us.
>
> I am finding out slowly I think that you guys are building a little
> empire and seem to have no interest in collaboration with people in your
> sector,who have offered tools and help, who have been on this list since
> day one, and who have material that you explicitly say you need. instead
> i see whacky discussions about scribd (who incidently scrape all of our
> manuals)
>
> ugh
>
> adam

As someone who just joined the list, I did not know about your connection to
TOS but now that you bring it up, I hope the rest of the folks can explain how
your website is not suitable for their purposes so that I can have an
understanding of why they would consider one site vs another for the storage of
their teaching materials.
--
|  .''`.  == Debian GNU/Linux ==.| http://kevix.myopenid.com......|
| : :' :     The Universal OS....| mysite.verizon.net/kevin.mark/.|