[TOS] Scribd

David Nalley david at gnsa.us
Mon Jun 28 22:19:45 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 5:33 PM,
<tosmaillist.neophyte_rep at ordinaryamerican.net> wrote:
<snip>

> All the above is my way of suggesting that maybe now is a better time
> to make a careful selection of our textbook creation tools rather than
> later, especially in light of the other discussion of how well
> 'Practical Open Source Software Exploration'  0.8 has been received, (
> http://teachingopensource.org/pipermail/tos/2010-June/001283.html ).
> If you are setting August as the date for 0.9, having no feedback on
> the use of 0.8, I suggest your schedule is ambitious.  Whether you
> present 0.8 or 0.9 at OSCON, you will be presenting a Work In
> Progress.  Of course, even 1.0 will be a WIP since the subject matter
> will evolve.
>
> In my opinion, a tool set review and switch is a very good idea at
> this stage of the project.

I snipped the schedule section, as I have largely been a lurker and
not done any of the work, and thus feel unqualified to tell those who
are doing it how to set their schedule.

That said, I don't see a problem with a tool set review. As a matter
of fact, a good tool set review could be a boon for projects outside
TOS. I'd love to help with this review. Wanna stake a page on the TOS
wiki to work?

David