[TOS] Scribd

tosmaillist.neophyte_rep at ordinaryamerican.net tosmaillist.neophyte_rep at ordinaryamerican.net
Tue Jun 29 01:03:02 UTC 2010

2010/6/28 Karsten Wade - kwade at redhat.com
<+tosmaillist+neophyte_rep+4c8a4e5c8a.kwade#redhat.com at spamgourmet.com>:
> On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 02:33:14PM -0700, tosmaillist.neophyte_rep at ordinaryamerican.net wrote:
>
> I'm going to trim out the top of your well-reasoned comments, because
> I generally don't disagree with them. I want to focus on your
> conclusion, which actually draws from an underlying thesis:
>
>> In my opinion, a tool set review and switch is a very good idea at
>> this stage of the project.
>
> That seems to presume that a switch is called for.

I'm sorry, I should have written an American English sentence that
more precisely carried my meaning:

In my opinion, it appears that the current tool set has been chosen
from personal experience with the tools chosen rather than from a set
of carefully enumerated requirements.  Since it is still early in the
life of this project, the documentation may still benefit from an open
discussion of tools requirements.  The end result may be continuing to
use the tools that produced 0.8 or it may bring to light a superior
tool set that would encourage their use by their quality.

To answer your schedule concerns, I see no reason this discussion can
not proceed while 0.9 is produced with the current tool set.