[TOS] How to become a POSSE instructor

Greg DeKoenigbserg gdk at redhat.com
Mon Mar 1 15:58:16 UTC 2010

On Mon, 1 Mar 2010, Matthew Jadud wrote:

> Professors teaching professors isn't interesting, it's your bridge into
> the culture.

I laughed out loud at this.  It's humble, hilarious, and exactly right.

Look, the FOSS world has done plenty to alienate academia already, whether
intentionally or not.  From where I sit, the greatest single value of TOS
is in having a set of professors who are deeply sympathetic to the FOSS
idea and its potential, but can guide us through the labyrinth of
academia.

Which is, incidentally, exactly what POSSE is, only in reverse.  It's a
set of FOSS advocates who are deeply sympathetic to the potential of
academia to enhance FOSS immeasurably, but can guide professors through
the labyrinth of FOSS.

--g

--
Educational materials should be high-quality, collaborative, and free.
Visit http://opensource.com/education and join the conversation.