[TOS] How to become a POSSE instructor

Karlie Robinson karlie_robinson at webpath.net
Mon Mar 1 18:08:56 UTC 2010

Yes this is a good wrap up of what we spoke about.

I would only like to add that the discussion focused around inclusion
practices rather than exclusion which is what the conversation was
beginning to feel like.

What it comes down to is that the POSSE process still needs to define....

    * Must - where we can't be flexible because it isn't a posse without
      these items
    * Should - we'd like it to be this way, but we can fudge it a bit
    * can- doesn't go against anything but run it by us first

So Teach-Teams could start off being defined like this...

    * Must be a team of at least two instructors
    * Must have a Current/Pat Prof
    * Must have FOSS experience
    * Must have POSSE experience
    * Should be...
    * Should...
    * Etc.

As long as the teaching team members cover all experience points this
group defines, it shouldn't matter what the division is.

For example, If Karsten came to the team with POSSE, FOSS and filled
other yet to be defined experience points, his team mate need only fill
out the rest of the criteria.  In this case a Prof learning the ropes
would still work.  This format could provide enough flexibility to get
the job done while meeting the needs of TOS and the POSSE class.

~Karlie