[TOS] Summer '10 POSSEs status

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Mon Mar 1 18:23:08 UTC 2010

On 02/26/2010 12:22 PM, Karl R. Wurst wrote:
> On 2/26/10 11:51 AM, Matthew Jadud wrote:
>> On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 11:14, Karl R. Wurst<Karl.Wurst at worcester.edu>  wrote:
>>> One question - in reading the HOWTO, it says we need computers for the
>>> students. Is that true? I was expecting that they will bring laptops.
>>> Let me know if I need to change to a room with computers.

(To round back on this topic after Karl and I talked on IRC today:)

It sounds like this is something that we need to figure out better for
future POSSE infrastructure, but yes, we don't need a room with
computers if people are going to be told to bring their own. After
talking with Karl today, he's going to be telling folks to bring their
own laptops, so we're set here.

We'll have to make sure setup instruction are such that it's As Easy As
Possible to get student environments set up - whether they want to
dual-boot, VM, ssh in with remote desktop, liveUSB... it's all the same
to me, and we'll worry about it after application season opens. ;)

--Mel