[TOS] Textbook update: debug chapter

Greg DeKoenigbserg gdk at redhat.com
Mon Mar 1 19:47:23 UTC 2010

http://teachingopensource.com/index.php/Debugging_the_Code

I lost a bit of this content in a local upgrade on my laptop, which is
frustrating but not a deal-breaker.  Most of the good stuff remained.

I'd call this chapter roughly 75% done, even though it's short.  To me,
this is where the rubber really starts to hit the road, and where
students, having learned the basic, start to become active contributors to
their chosen project.  Which means:

a. It's exercise heavy;
b. It might be ideal for customization.

Comments, please.  I feel like we're getting very close to having a
complete first draft of a text that's 90% done -- which is good, although
we can't get done soon enough for my taste.

--g

--
Educational materials should be high-quality, collaborative, and free.
Visit http://opensource.com/education and join the conversation.